How to Find Your iPhoneOn March 5, 2021 by Coleen Lewis
Here’s how to find your iPhone using the locator, even when the device is turned off.
You can lose your iPhone even in your apartment, not to mention in a park, mall or festival, where there is also the risk of getting caught by thieves. The police usually don’t find lost devices, even if you make a proper application and insist that the device is very important to you. So it’s good to know for yourself what to do when you lose your iPhone and how to find your device even if it’s turned off.
If your iPhone is not associated with an Apple ID and it does not have the locator search feature enabled, it is almost impossible to find it.
How to enable iPhone search in Latitude
Go to: Settings → Avatar → Locator.
Select “Find iPhone” and activate all the levers.
You can also activate “Share geo-position” if you are in a family. After that, your iPhone will share the geo-position through the “Locator” app.
How to find your iPhone via Latitude
- Log in to your iCloud from a third-party device.
Press “Find iPhone” and play the audio.
- Or put the iPhone into missing mode. What it does: The iPhone goes into power-saving mode, broadcasts its geo-position, and any other user can’t use it.
- You also have the ability to add a phone number or message in missing mode, so that whoever finds your iPhone can contact you.
How to find iPhone from PC
Log in to your iCloud.
Press “Where’s the iPhone” and start the search.
Erase iPhone data
- If the iPhone is lost, you can erase the data from it.
- Go to iCloud, find the icon of the device.
- Click “Erase” and confirm.
- I do not advise you to erase iPhone if there is a chance of finding it. It is better to file a missing device report.
- How to find the iPhone with the Apple Watch
- Open the control panel on the Apple Watch.
- Activate iPhone search by clicking on the phone icon.
Unfortunately, even these steps don’t always help you find your iPhone. Nevertheless, we had a case where a device lost a year ago in a cab was returned to its user. So do not despair, be sure to contact Apple support and then the lost will definitely be found!